Hey there. Interested in knowing what the difference between Jasper and AI and ChatGPT is?
I'm a member of Jasper AI and since ChatGPT is free, I also signed up. ChatGPT is free, while Jasper is a paid service. (How to get 10,000 free words with Jasper)
So why pay for Jasper AI if ChatGPT is free? Well, there are some differences which I will explain in this article. I'll even tell you if it's worth it to pay for Jasper AI.
Let's jump in.
What is ChatGPT?
Chat GPT is a tool based on NLP (natural language processing) made by a company called OpenAI. This tool allows you to have conversations with it, just as if you were talking to a friend. Crazy, I know. Even Elon Musk said it was "scary good."
Chat GPT-3 stands for Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3. It was built on top of GPT-3.5. It's a revolutionary language model that uses machine learning and deep learning to generate human-like content.
With an API powered by natural language processing technology, you can quickly create anything from a book to writing an ad, answer questions, do translations, and even write code.
If you haven't seen it in action yet. Let me demonstrate. Let's have some fun. I will instruct ChatGPT to tell me how to write a blog post.
I gave ChatGPT the instruction - "list the steps to write a blog post". Here is the result:
What do you think about that output? This only took a few seconds and gave a pretty good outline. (I do the same test with Jasper below).
I even ran it through Copyscape to see if there was any plagiarism. No plagiarism here. It's a unique article and it's high quality content. Here's the proof:
What are the Features and Benefits of ChatGPT?
- It's free to use - for now anyway
- Ease of Use - Just type a question and get a fast answer
- Dialogue Based - You can actually have a conversation with it
- It can code - Ask it to write code for a particular application, and it will do it for you.
- Translation - it can translate languages
- Explains - it can explain a complex issue in simple easy to understand language
Now, let's compare ChatGPT with Jasper AI.
What is Jasper AI?
Jasper AI is an AI content platform generator that can help you get through "writer's block" by creating original and engaging content for you. You can create short form or long form content with the click of a button.
Who is Jasper Best Suited For?
Jasper is best suited for bloggers, content creators, agencies, writers, and business owners. Its focus is on commercial value for content marketing and not for personal use.
Unlike ChatGPT which is a free service, JasperAI is a paid service.
There are different levels of membership such as Boss Mode, Starter Package, and business package.
Within Jasper, there are a variety of tools that include 67+ templates, Jasper Chat, Documents (where you can save your work) Recipes, and Jasper Art.
Here Are Just Some of the Features in Jasper AI
- Content Improver - Take a piece of content and rewrite it to make it more interesting, creative, and engaging
- AIDA Framework - Use the oldest marketing framework to create compelling content - Attention, Interest, Desire, Action
- Amazon Product Description - Do you sell on Amazon? Have Jasper create compelling descriptions for your Amazon listings
- Blog Post Intro Paragraph - Enter a title, and let Jasper write the intro for you
- Creative Story - Jasper can create a wild story based on just one sentence you give him
- Facebook Ads - Create high-converting copy for your Facebook ads and other social media posts
- Listicle - Generate a numbered list based on a topic for your blog post (great for product reviews)
- YouTube - There are 5 different tools for YouTube - Jasper can create a video description, Video script hook and introduction, video script outline, video titles, and video topic ideas.
Remember that these are just a few features of Jasper. For a full rundown on how Jasper works, do check out my Jasper review.
What is Jasper Chat?
Jasper Chat is just one of the many features included in your JasperAI subscription.
Jasper Chat is the one tool within Jasper that competes with and is similar to ChatGPT.
To access Jasper Chat, you would go to your dashboard on the left and click "chat".
Now, let's do the same exercise that I did with ChatGPT but use Jasper instead. Here are the results:
Interestingly enough, Jasper provided a little less information, but the response was generally the same as with ChatGPT.
What’s the Difference Between ChatGPT and Jasper?
There are a few main differences that separate ChatGPT from Jasper.
This is an obvious one. ChatGPT is free, Jasper is a paid service on a subscription basis.
Jasper is Built for Business Use Cases
Jasper Chat provides businesses with essential tools for their marketing, sales, and other use cases - unlike its competitor, ChatGPT. However, both user interfaces are making Artificial Intelligence more approachable and available to people across all demographics.
Jasper is the ultimate combination of cutting-edge AI models, drawing from OpenAI and other models such as Neo X, T5, and Bloom. It uses all of these technologies to create a comprehensive suite of AI tools.
ChatGPT is focused more on content generation, whereas JasperAI is much more holistic. While ChatGPT does provide some functionality for coding, translation, and other features, it lags far behind what JasperAI can do in this regard.
Jasper AI is also faster and more efficient in generating results than ChatGPT due to its proprietary algorithm. This means you'll get your answers quicker and with higher accuracy.
Difference in Reliability
Jasper hardly goes down. I remember a couple of times it crapped out and I just refreshed the page and was back in business. However, I've seen ChatGPT go offline quite a bit lately.
The message on their end was they were upgrading their servers due to the demand as you can see from the above image.
Now, upgrading servers is costly. What do you think will happen next? I believe in time ChatGPT will become a paid service. I can't see how they can keep up with the demand of users growing day by day and still provide a free service.
In short, Jasper has been created for business and marketing, while ChatGPT can be considered a "toy" to play around with.
Is ChatGPT a Replacement For Jasper?
In its current state, no, ChatGPT is not a replacement for Jasper. Jasper was built to help business owners with a variety of different tools using the AI model. While ChatGPT can do some of the things Jasper does, it doesn't have the same robustness or capabilities.
So What’s Better, ChatGPT or Jasper?
The answer to this question depends on what you need it for. If it's just for personal use, you don't need Jasper. ChatGPT will serve you well.
However, if you are a business owner, a blogger, an eCom store owner, or even a mom-and-pop store owner, Jasper is going help grow your business much faster due to all the different suite of tools available to you.
- Affiliate Marketing on Twitter: Here’s The Steps to do it Right - January 27, 2023
- 10 Ways How to Drive Traffic to Your Ecommerce Store - January 22, 2023
- TikTok Affiliate Marketing – How to do it Step by Step - January 18, 2023